Chia seeds are tiny (1 mm) seeds that grow on the Salvia Hispanica plant. In history, chia seeds were eaten as a staple by Aztecs and Mayans because of their high energy. Chia seeds are a very healthy food on the planet. It is loaded with lots of nutrients that are very important for your body and mind.
Benefits of Chia seeds
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3. They are full of fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they also provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
- Chia seeds also contain 5.6 grams of protein in a 28-gram or 1-ounce serving.
- Chia Seeds are very useful for weight loss. It contains nearly 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon and they have high levels of omega-3-fatty acids that are very useful for weight loss. Chia seeds can also be consumed as a gel. You can mix it with water. This will help you to digest more slowly in the body and prevent hunger for a longer period.
- They have strong anti-inflammatory properties that will help to reduce joint pain, and recent research says that they also provide some protection from breast cancer.
- Their immune-boosting properties treat colds and flu, good for bone-building health, and also improve hair, nails, and skin conditions.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber that why it is very useful in diabetes because High-fiber diets are lower the risk of developing diabetes and eating high-fiber meals helps to stabilize the blood sugar.
- Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants that are good for the skin because antioxidants protect the skin by the production of free radicals, which can damage the skin cells.
- Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids. It deals with heart problems like lowering blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and inflammation.
- Chia seeds are also good for pregnant women. They are full of omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for brain development in babies. It is packed iron which reduces the risk of low birth weight and also premature birth.
- They are packed with calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A and zinc which promotes oral health. Zinc has an antibacterial effect that keeps the bad breath germs away and vitamin A is very important for strong teeth.
Few Fun Fats Of Chia Seeds
- Mix the chia seeds with water and you can use them as an egg in vegan cooking.
- It can be used as a face scrub for hydration purposes. For making scrub you need 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp chia seeds. Mix all the ingredients together. Now massage the face for 3 to 4 minutes and be gentle while scrubbing then splash the cold water on your face when you have finished.
- You can use it in different recipes. Grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder and add them to make pancakes, muffins, bread, smoothies, and more.