10 Proven Health Benefits of Chia seeds
Chia seeds are tiny (1 mm) seeds that grow on Salvia Hispanica plant. In history chia seeds were eaten as a staple by Aztecs and Mayans because of high in energy. Chia seeds are the very healthy food on the planet. It is loaded with lots of nutrients that are very important for your body and mind.
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3. They are full of fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they also provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
- Chia seeds also contain 5.6 grams of protein in 28-gram, or 1-ounce serving.
- Chia Seeds are very useful for weight loss. It contains nearly 5 grams of fiber in per tablespoon and they have high levels of omega-3-fatty acids that are very useful for weight loss. Chia seeds can also be consumed as a gel. You can mix it with water. This will help you to digest more slowly in the body and prevent the hunger for a longer period.
- They have strong anti-inflammatory properties that will help to reduce joint pain, and recent research says that they also provide some protection from breast cancer.
- Their immune boosting properties treat colds and flu, good for bone-building health, and also improve hair, nails and skin conditions.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber that why it is very useful in diabetes because High-fiber diets are lower the risk of developing diabetes and eating high-fiber meals helps to stable the blood sugar.
- Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants which are good for skin because antioxidants protect the skin by the production of free radicals, which can damage the skin cells.
- Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids. It deals with the heart problem like lowering blood pressure, cholesterol levels and inflammation.
- Chia seeds are also good for pregnant women. They are full of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain development in babies. It is packed iron which reduces the risk of low birth weight and also the premature birth.
- They are packed with the calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A and zinc which promotes the oral health. Zinc has the antibacterial effect that keeps the bad breath germs away and vitamin A is very important for strong teeth.
Few Fun Fats Of Chia Seeds
- Mix the chia seeds with water and you can use as egg in vegan cooking.
- It can be use as face scrub for hydration purpose. For making scrub you need 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp chia seeds. Mix all the ingredients together. Now massage the face for 3 to 4 minutes and be gentle while scrubbing then splash the cold water on your face when you have finished.
- You can use it in different recipes. Grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder and add them to make pancakes, muffins, breads, smoothies and more.